I am not Vegan, but I am a cookie fan – especially when there is chocolate and peanut butter involved! My son asked me to make cookies this weekend, and I remembered I had made these delicious treats a few months ago! Not only are they yummy, they are super easy to make!
Here is the recipe (originally from Chocolate Covered Kate – an awesome dessert blog with healthy recipes)!
- 1/2 cup peanut butter, or almond or sunbutter
- 3/4 tsp baking soda
- 3 tbsp flour (whole-wheat pastry, all-purpose white, spelt, Bob’s gf mix all work)
- 1/4 cup sugar or evaporated cane juice
- 2 tbsp brown sugar or coconut sugar
- 2 tbsp applesauce
- 1/2 tsp pure vanilla extract
- optional: tiny pinch salt (around 1/16 tsp) (Taste dough to decide – I like to add it.)
- optional: chocolate chips
Mix dry ingredients very well. Then add wet and form cookie balls. If you want soft cookies, fridge the dough for at least an hour. Then bake in a preheated oven (350F) for 8 minutes. They’ll look underdone when you take them out, but that’s ok. Let cool for at least 5 minutes before removing from tray.
To keep these cookies soft, store leftover cookies in a plastic container. This recipe will make about 12-16 cookies, depending on how big you roll them. (For 16 cookies, they’ll have 65 calories per cookie.)